Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How do I find these people??

So recently, we got a kitten returned to us, Mini Meez didn’t work out at her new home.  We thought seriously about keeping her, but then thought even more seriously about the implications of having FOUR cats.  I am the one who cleans the litter boxes, so needless to say, I was pretty against keeping that fourth one.  Anyway, I put an ad on Kijiji to find Mini Meez a new home.  I listed a price of $20, just to ward off anyone who wasn’t really serious about getting a pet.  I thought that would do the trick.  I was pretty wrong.

I got a few emails and text messages from people asking about the cat.  But only one seemed serious.  Here is our correspondence yesterday:

From: Audrey the bitch
AWWW DO U STILL HAVE HER

Admittedly, the typing in all caps and use of ‘u’ should’ve been a red flag, it usually is to me, but I was really anxious to get rid of the kitten.  I’ve really had enough of all of them climbing my legs and waking me up in the night.

From: Jacqueline
I sure do!

From: Audrey
sounds good im really intrested how much were u asking again

From: Jacqueline
Just $20, and you can pick her up as soon as you like!  Just let me know for sure that you want her, and I'll tell everyone else she's no longer available!

From: Audrey
ok i do want her and when can i pick her up and where do u live

So I gave her my address and asked, “does tonight work for you?”

From: Audrey
yes it could what time

I told her anytime after 6, and then I didn’t hear from her again all day.  So correct me if I’m wrong, but in my head, I’m thinking “This girl is coming after 6 to get the kitten.” So all day I am answering emails “Sorry, the kitten is taken”.
Matt announces around 7:30 that he is going to his friend Steve’s house.  Steve has Rresident Evil 5 for PS3 so I REALLY want to go play it, but I’m expecting this girl to come around, so I stay home.  10:00 rolls around and I realize this bitch is not showing up.  Fucking rude.  So naturally, being Jacquie, I don’t roll over on this, like I probably should.  Instead, I send her a snarky email.  Still civil, but expressing my extreme displeasure with her actions:

From: Jacqueline
OK: it's extremely rude for you to just not show up this evening without informing me at all.  I turned down plans with friends because I was expecting your visit and today I also turned down several other people who were interested in giving this kitten a home, because I made a commitment to you.  I'm very annoyed by your terrible manners and lack of respect for my time.  If you are thinking you'll just come tomorrow, think again.  I've found her another home.  Maybe next time you'll think twice about committing to something and then just not show.  Grow up.

Is that out of line?  I don’t think so.  I think it’s pretty clear that she made a commitment to me, because I asked her to.  I said specifically “let me know for sure that you want her” and then we set up a time for her to come over, after 6:00.  It was pretty cut and dried to me, but apparently Audrey “CAPS LOCK” Bitch wasn’t on the same page, because she had her own email reply.  This is a good one:

From:
Audrey
LOL I NEVER SAID FOR SURE THAT I WOULD SHOW UP DID I AND ITS A CAT RELAX  DID EVER EVAN GIVE U A TIME NOOOOO I DIDNT DID I TELL U FOR SURE I WAS COMING TONIGH NOOOOO I DIDNT THINK SO I JUST ASKED WHAT AREA U LIVED IN IF WAS EVAN WORTH MY TIME TO COME I NEVER GAVE U A TIME OR EVAN SAID FOR SURE IF I WAS COMING SOO CHILL THE FUCK OUT U GROW UP ITS A FUCKING CAT

To which I replied: “You’re an ignorant bitch.” and then blocked her email address.  Name calling followed by an immediate block is my favourite internet game.

So quick question: Was I out of line to send that email?  I mean, should I really be harassing the mentally challenged over the internet like that?  I think it was totally deserved.  She ruined my night and I had turned away multiple others who wanted to give Mini Meez their love.  Obviously it’s for the best that she doesn’t have the kitten, because she’s clearly a fucking moron, but that’s not really the point now.  The point is, don’t say you’re going to do something and then not do it.

IMGP3882


Anyway, in related news, a really nice couple called me last night after this fiasco and asked if the kitten was still available.  They came over right after I got off the phone with them and adopted the hell out of Mini Meez.  These people had a kitten before, but it got brain cancer and had to be put down after 8 months :( :( .  So you can imagine I was more than happy to give these people the gift of a Meez offspring.  They have a baby on the way, and seemed like genuinely nice people.  I didn’t even ask them for $20, since it was mostly a detourrant for retards.  That didn’t work too well, evidently, but it all worked out for the best.  So yesterday, both Skinny Pete and Mini Meez went to their new homes, and everything is as it should be in Casa del Red Door.

IMGP3885Skinny Pete is probably busy being an awesome outdoor kitty right now.

6 comments:

Dwayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deedub said...

Wow. How can people like that manage to function?

terriannep said...

Jacquie, hahahaha! Well, at least Mini Meez if off to a good home now. :)

deedub said...

also:
http://tts.imtranslator.net/AgJk

Lojo said...

Lol @ D-Dub.

I am still confused as who Evan is.

I have such low expectations of people that I don't even bat an eye at stuff like that. As soon as I read the words "awww do u still have her" I automatically thought of Audrey smoking meth and blowing it in Mini's face as Mini lay starving to death, covered in her own feces. Then I thought, no, girlfriend probably won't show up to get the cat, anyway, because holding that commitment would be somewhat similar to showing up for a job.

Lojo said...

I need a blog update please.