Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ultimate Rock Ballads

I must have this collection.  Here are a few of the highlights:

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner.
Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac.
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins
Ready For Love - Bad Company
Time For Me to Fly - REO Speedwagon
Feels Like the First Time - Foreigner
I'll Stand by You - The Pretenders
Don't Close Your Eyes - Kix
What's Love Got to Do With It - Tina Turner
If This Is It - Huey Lewis & the News
These Dreams - Heart
You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt
Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) - Glass Tiger
Love Is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar
Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band (seriously?)
Bad Time - Grand Funk Railroad
Just Between You and Me - April Wine
Eyes Without a Face - Billy Idol
When I'm With You - Sheriff
Alone - Heart
Miracles - Jefferson Starship
Open Arms - Journey
Rosanna – Toto (bahaha)
One That You Love, The - Air Supply (Is the lead singer a dude?  I can’t even tell)
Keep on Loving You - REO Speedwagon
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
Heaven in Your Eyes - Loverboy
All by Myself - Eric Carmen
More Than a Feeling - Boston
(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen (bahaha)
Flame, The - Cheap Trick
Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meat Loaf (If I am ever able to sing this song at karaoke, I can die happy)
Final Countdown, The – Europe (YESSSSSSSS)
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John (It’s no Tiny Dancer, but still excellent)
Lady - Styx
More Than Words - Extreme
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meat Loaf
Amanda - Boston
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
More Than Words Can Say - Alias
Waiting For a Girl Like You - Foreigner
Babe - Styx
Hot Child in the City - Nick Gilder
Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
We Are the Champions - Queen
Kiss You All Over - Exile
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Double Vision – Foreigner
To Be with You – Mr. Big

Just for an extra evidence as to why you should purchase this (as if you needed any), check out this fantastic video:

(haahahha, 1:50-2:00)

3 comments:

Lojo Beautiful said...

LOVE IT.

terriannep said...

I love More Than Words! I always sing along in the car. :)

twitch said...

Understandably, but the notes in that middle part would sound natural coming out of a woman. haha
Not to mention how not at all "Extreme" Extreme is.