Friday, November 6, 2009

I am so sick of Mac

Seeing the most recent flood of Mac commercials brought on by the release of Windows 7 has given me one more reason hate Mac as a company, Mac products, Mac commercials, and Mac’s stupid, obnoxious, indoctrinated user-sheep who regurgitate every line from every commercial to explain why they’re so awesome and get to be part of some trendy, artsy super-elite swoop-sporting society.  I’m tired of it.  They need a new angle.  They need an original idea and a new fucking commercial.  “Windows sucks, so get a Mac”.  I can’t believe people fall for this. 

Simply saying that someone else sucks does not sway me to purchase the competitor.  Shouldn’t I also be assured that said competitor doesn’t ALSO suck?   They don’t even bother COMPARING anything anymore.  They’re so lazy and smug that they just say “Windows sucks, buy Mac”.    They don’t give a reason why, they don’t even guarantee that Mac is better (than an operating system?), they just point at Windows and make faces through the back windshield of Mommy’s Prius. 

I don’t like it, it’s getting old; and it’s about as unique and impressive as Mac’s fanatical fanboys.

PS – Did anyone see Dodgeball?  Didn’t Pizza-face Mac kid got hit in the face with a wrench or some shit?  Come on!

PPS - Does Mac realize that you don’t have to get a whole new computer if you want to upgrade to Windows 7?  Changing operating systems is not the same as being in the market for a new computer.  To be honest, I don’t really understand how these two are in direct competition: people don’t buy “Windows computers”.  Mac is pushing their computers, Microsoft is pushing their operating system.  Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like these are two different  areas of the market, PLUS I’ve seen people who run Windows ON a Mac computer. 

I’m not the only one who thinks so.

2 comments:

Lojo Beautiful said...

On a side note, I am requesting more home videos of Minnie. <3 Please.

Dylan Laine said...

LOL! I love your Mac rants... I agree i've seen that commercial like 80 times, never anything new... Now I do own an iPhone, but will never go beyond that... i like it bc it's a phone that will do everything I want but I will say that it is not the best phone, as it is lacking in some of it's features but they are minimal at best... I just hate their computers I've had windows forever , and well I've never really had a huge problem with Vista... having said that I've never allowed it to update either... LOL! But I mainly dislike Mac's bc of the fans... it's like some cult... also crazy Jacqui had one, and she was crazy... so enough said