Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thanks for reminding me

There are a lot of reasons for me not to follow in Taylor Swift’s footsteps (not the least of which is my hatred of country and country crossover music), but lately I’ve noticed something else.  Whether she’s on the red carpet to accept an award that Kanye doesn’t think she deserves, doing a concert or visiting with Oprah and Ellen on a talk show, she insists on wearing sparkly dresses.
 

Am I missing something?  Should I start wearing a sparkly dress to classes?  To the movies?  To sit on the couch and visit with my friends?  Thoughts, anyone?

2 comments:

Dylan Laine said...

I would like to say as a proud fan of Country music, that I understand your hatred of the dreaded Country music crossovers and it is making me sad that Taylor is moving in that direction... Pop Culture is the devil and I think she is just to awesome to be tied in with that ugliness...

On the status of her dress code well, yes sparkles are a bit much but she is one of those bright, shiny people that love those kind of things, and it 'works'-ish...

But i'm gonna be honest... I love her... I'm not sure I'd have her babies bc they might come out in a starkly dress which would just be too gay for anyone to handle...

Lindsay Jo said...

You have a point. Taylor needs to diversify her outfits. People may become bored of the wholesome, naive bordering on dumb, good girl persona and actually pay attention to those shitty songs that I guarantee she doesn't even have the capability to write herself.

I am her biggest fan, obviously.

As for you, I whole heartedly support you wearing sparkle outfits to class. It's unexpected. It would accessorize your anger with soft twinkles of light and throw people off-- who *is* that girl?! Most of all, it would inspire.