Sunday, September 20, 2009

Milkless Man Nipples

Image025   Image022
Meet Minnie (above).  She’s about 10 weeks old now, and is the newest addition to the household.  So far, her and Meez have been getting along swimmingly.  Meez is constantly intrigued by her energy and playfulness, and Minnie is thrilled to have a big brother around.  They sleep curled together, acting as both each others’ pillow and blanket (see:left) and Minnie loves to play on the Meez.  Yes, that’s right: play ON him.  He’s very mellow and so he sits, stoically surveying his household while kitten-Minnie jumps on him, at him, bites and scratches his face, neck, legs and tail.  He’ll occasionally stop her, holding her between his front legs and clean her head and back, only to release her so she can rampage on with a nice kitteny soft coat.  It’s pretty much adorable.  But as I hinted on my Facebook, she has a strange habit…

Image023

On your right, you will see two sleepy kitties.  Cute, right?  Only on the surface.  If you look closely at the stomach of Meez, just above Minnie’s head, you’ll see some evidence of this strangeness.  Wet, matted fur that results from a kitten searching for a nip.  Minnie has taken to nursing on Meez’s Milkless Man Nipples.  The first two days of Minnie’s arrival, Meez was quite resistant to her advances, but due to his Bob Marley status on the relaxed and mellow scale, he no longer fights her.  In fact, he rolls on his back so she has better access. 
I wish it was cute, but it’s creeping me out.  I’m glad they’re bonding, but when I wake up with the cats laying by my head in the night, I don’t like to hear suckling noises.  I also don’t know what to do about it.  I can pull her away 50 times, and she’ll go straight back to it.  This is something Meez is going to have to do on his own.  The vet said it will likely stop once she’s a bit older.  And let’s hope so—at least when she’s a kitten, you can try to pretend it’s just cute.  A full-grown cat, though?  That’s probably mostly creepy.

5 comments:

Lojo Beautiful said...

AHAHAHA. GOLD. And so adorable. Meez really is the man.

Dylan Laine said...

I think it is mostly creepy but also mostly...sexy...

Lojo Beautiful said...

I made a comment about this on facebook, but I will repeat the request here just in case you missed it. How about a Meez and Minnie together-ness video? I'd like to see some kitty on kitty action.

Dylan Laine said...

I would totally get behind that one...

deedub said...

Farmville