Thursday, July 2, 2009

I love Canada – Reason #277

Even though I laughed at what was said on Redeye, because I do have a sense of humour and it wasn’t all that mean-spirited if you have ever seen the show before, the part about this clip that I love is how it’s described as Canada being “outraged”.  The responses that the news ladies read from the viewers are so polite and well worded that it just makes me so happy to be Canadian.  Even when we’re “outraged” we manage to string a coherent thought together.  No death threats were uttered, no racial slurs were used, and no one resorted to name calling or bigotry and intolerance.  I can’t wait to get home tomorrow.  If you don’t see the big deal with how the situation was handled, I’ve included another video just to contrast, this is what happens when Fox”News” gets angry:

Bill O’Reilly should be put in a home.

No comments: