Monday, June 29, 2009

Two of the WORST days ever

Yesterday (Sunday) and today have been two of the worst days on record.  This is especially disappointing, because after our last day of work on Friday, I was hoping for smooth sailing and nothing but relaxing and packing until we leave on Friday.  We were supposed to hop the border, because our visa ran out yesterday, but it turns out paying a few days of overstay charges was going to be about the same as traveling all day to the ultra-shitty Cambodian border, so we opted to just overstay our visas.  Anyway, crossing the trip to Cambodia off the list effectively removed the only potentially awful experience off our list of things to do before leaving.  Or so I thought…

Sunday morning started out excellently.  The cat was being super cute, we woke up early and Matt brought me a coffee in bed.  Then we spent a couple of hours talking about how much we love Meezer and hate people and fell back asleep for a late morning nap.  Then our landlord showed up and just barged into our house after calling us from outside 50 times while we were still sleeping.  When I went downstairs in my pj’s and expressed my displeasure with his rude entry into OUR home, he demanded that we go for lunch with him. No sense of boundaries whatsoever, I was [understandably] quite angry with him and told him no and was not particularly kind about it.  Anyway, it was true: we couldn't have lunch with him, because we had made plans to meet a friend at Future Park [local shopping mall] for 1:00 lunch to say our goodbyes.

So we went to Future Park, and it was ridiculously crowded, like it always is on Sundays. We definitely forgot the cell at home, but we didn't leave until 12:40, so I figured if he was going to call and cancel, anyone with common human decency would've done it before that point. So we waited at the Starbucks for him for about 90 minutes before we just gave up, ate and went home.  Not cool, I really dislike waiting.  We get home and there's a text message from him at 12:45 "Sorry guys, I'm not going to make it." Must have been some kind of top secret emergency he couldn't pry himself away from.  Instead just sent a passive aggressive text message.  Even a phone call would’ve been better, because then we would know at least he cared enough to be sure we got the information.  But we didn’t and instead wasted an entire afternoon waiting around.  We'll never know what his issue was, because A) he didn't tell us and B) I have no interest in making time for this crap again before we leave.  It wasn’t a complete waste, though; Matt bought some cool pants and I restocked on makeup.

Today started out very nicely.  We slept in, I got a cup of coffee in bed (again), started some laundry and then had a few errands to run.  We went to Tesco [Wal-mart] to get some cat food and water and grab some lunch, and there were two super cute shirts at a stall outside of the store.  We didn't have enough cash on us to buy everything and the shirts, so we had to run home to get more, since today of all days, I opted out of carrying my purse.  Then on the way home we got a flat tire, which we had to get that fixed.  Matt had to run home and grab cash (so we could pay for the tire fix) while I waited in the 42 degree heat as collateral on a $4 mechanic’s bill, and afterwards we decided to go BACK to Tesco with our cash to get my shirts.  Matt waited in the parking lot while I went to the lady's kiosk and, lo and behold: she wasn't there.  I waited 25 minutes for her to come back (I really wanted these shirts), but on our way back to the house, we ran out of gas.  So we "talked" to some Thais, and (from what we understood) they were going to go and get us some gas and come back. We waited about an hour, no one came back (apparently we misunderstood the situation) so we had to walk to Caltex and fill some water bottles with gas and walk back to our bike.  We made it home shortly after that, and at least it didn’t start raining until we arrived home safely, but I cannot WAIT to get out of here.  Hopefully we’ve used up all our bad luck now before our trip, and everything goes smoothly on Friday.

3 comments:

david said...

Hang in there, brahhh. <3

Lojo Beautiful said...

That was me. Apparently Pirates don't know how to log out of their accounts.

twitch said...

LOL, I was wondering what was going on. The only David I know is D-dub's brother, so I was going to start with questioning the use of <3.