Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Chuck, of course

 

Another great quote out of Chuck Palahniuk’s second-newest book, Snuff.

“Going to spring break at Fort Lauderdale, getting drunk, and flashing your breasts isn’t an act of personal empowerment.  It’s you, so fashioned and programmed by the construct of patriarchal society that you no longer know what’s best for yourself.

A damsel too dumb to even know she’s in distress.”

If you haven’t done so already, I’ll urge you [for the millionth time in the last 6 years] to pick up AND READ one or all twelve of Chuck’s books.  If we’re friends that means we think alike/I respect your intelligence.  So then I promise, you will not be disappointed (by any of them).

2 comments:

Lojo Beautiful said...

AWESOME. I am totally picking up this book.

twitch said...

At least this one, I should hope.